Sunday, January 8, 2017

Best Dressed


I couldn't decide on just one best dressed this year. I either really hated the dresses or liked them equally. Nobody stood out the most as being the top of the heap.
I love Sarah Paulson. This dress didn't really stand out to me when I was looking at red carpet pictures, but when Sarah won and was moving in the dress, I really loved it. My favorite part is the golden zebra pattern. It's really distinct. I love the boatneck cut and then open back. I don't love Sarah's styling and I think it brings down the overall look. I could do without the center part and she needs a brighter lip.
Are we in a fight that I like this curtain dress? I'm sorta in a fight with myself about it. It looks like curtains and it has a bow...two things I am against. Let me clarify, I have nothing against curtains themselves, but I generally dislike dresses that look like curtains. Despite this dressing standing for everything I'm against, I love it. I love how it flows and how it moved on stage. I love the colors. I like the lightness of it. It's just pretty to my eyes. I could love it more if it didn't have the bow and had a sash or something different at the waist, but I can forgive.
I think if someone forced me to pick one person as my best dressed, I'd pick Emma Stone. I just love her so much and her overall look tonight was perfection. She looked like a she had a different light shining on her- like she was kissed by the angels all night long. She looks so ethereal. The dress itself was not a total grand slam, but it was pretty. I loved the stars. Her makeup was beautiful and hair, while it would have driven me nuts and been a mess by the end of the night, fit the look well. Emma always has interesting choices in fashion and I'm excited about future looks from her!

1 comment: