Saturday, October 1, 2016

Listen to This...


In the mid-2000's Bon Iver (aka Justin Vernon) got the sads after a break up with his girlfriend and a bout of mono. He holed up in a cabin in Wisconsin and wrote his first album, For Emma, Forever Ago. I hope Emma has received a nice fat royalty check for dumping her man and serving as the impetus for his Grammy winning record.

Justin Bon Iver has a new album out. It dropped yesterday. The band released the album by alerting fans to go to specific locations around the world. At the locations, they were met with a cassette tape of their new album. So retro, so hipster. I know Justin doesn't have a man-bun, but he will in my mind forevermore.

I wasn't there to listen to the cassette tape, but I did by the album today, because I have my finger on the pulse of all things cool. I have to say that if Bon Iver had the case of the sads back in 2007/2008 with For Emma, Forever Ago, he has the case of the Kanyes with his new album, 22 A million. It has a touch of auto-tuned electronica that Kanye loves, but it's also rocky and moody. I'm totally digging it and so should you. Damn, I was born to be a music critic with my description of this record.

No comments:

Post a Comment