Saturday, October 29, 2016

Watch This (NSFW)


I've never been accused of being cutting edge. Here is an example...I'm telling you to watch a movie that was released in theaters on May 24th. That movie is called Popstar and it is hilarious. I'm just telling you about it now because I finally got around to listen to a Fresh Air podcast of Andy Samberg, Akiva Schaffer, and Jorma Taccone when they were promoting it. The planets aligned perfectly, because Popstar happened to be on on-demand, so I didn't even need to leave my house to find it at a Redbox...or travel back in time to go to a Blockbuster.

Andy, Akiva, and Jorma are actually childhood friends who now have a group called Lonely Island. FYI- Lonely Island songs were featured on SNL because Jorma and Akiva were writers when Andy was in the SNL cast. The three play childhood friends who form a successful boy band, but Samberg's character goes solo and becomes a huge popstar. The movie chronicles the release of his second album and the subsequent tour. There are many inappropriate jokes and many more inappropriate songs. I eat inappropriateness up with a spoon, so of course, I was all in with this movie. I giggled like a school girl for its entirety.

No comments:

Post a Comment