Tuesday, October 11, 2016

Stuff I'm Liking- October

I like stuff. Each month I will compile a list of the stuff I currently like. Ok...go...


1. My house cleaner!!! Holy crap, it's taken me years to take a sip of this kool-aid. And now that it's touched my lips, I want to drink a whole gallon, take it out to dinner, make sweet love to it, and get it pregnant. As you can see from the photo, my house is a lot of house to upkeep and pretty drafty in the winter. I came home today to a house cleaner than anything I have ever been able to accomplish.  My bedroom floor is singing a joyful tune because it was mopped for the first time ever.

2. Lipstick. I love lipstick. I can't stop buying it. Here are my two favorite shades for October:
Maybelline Unlimited Raisin. Long lasting, sort of drying but not too bad. It is a liquid lipstick so does feel dry, but it didn't get cracked and didn't bleed onto my face. Plus it lasted all day at work- from 6:30 when I put it on to almost 6pm when I got home. There was some fade on the inside of my lips, but not too noticeable. I didn't reapply once. I drank coffee and water and ate breakfast and lunch without any bleed or reapplication. I would have made out with my cleaning lady, but she was long gone when I got home, but I'm assuming that it's also kiss proof!!

Urban Decay Sheer lipsticks were half of a few months ago on Hautelook and I snagged one- Sheer Rapture. Turns out they are discontinuing their former lines of lipstick for an all new line. Bummer, because this stuff is awesome. It's light, creamy, and perfectly pigmented. I think it would look good on anyone and is just the right amount of pink to flatter, but still be neutral. If you can find this on sale anywhere, I'd recommend that you scoop it up, because it's the perfect casual lipstick.

3. Loft. I ignored the Loft for years. I actually forgot about it's existence. But I've been led back and am so happy we are reunited. First of all, if you have a booty or curves, you need to look there first for your pants. Every pair of pants I've purchased has fit my curvy bod perfectly. Secondly, they have the BEST sales. Sometimes you can get 60% off sale prices and they cycle through collections frequently enough that you can get really cute, quality stuff in the sale section.
Thirdly- their prints right now are off the chart. I mean- this bird shirt!?!? I can't wait to get it on sale (I rarely buy things full price).

4. Mums and pumpkins- I want to decorate my whole house with mums and pumpkins. I want to dress my kids in mums and pumpkins. I want to eat mums and pumpkins. I love fall.









5. Speaking of fall and pumpkins and eating, I can guarantee that I have the easiest pumpkin recipe. It has 3 ingredients. Here's the recipe: take pumpkin puree
and add it to spice cake mix. Stir. Add mini chocolate chips.
Stir. Use two spoons to make scoops on a greased cookie sheet. Bake at 350 degrees for 15 minutes or so. Eat. So easy and good. They are really cakey and moist. Plus they take about 5 minutes to mix up. I always stock up on both spice cake and pumpkin in the fall so I can whip these up whenever I want. Make them!!!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment