Wednesday, September 14, 2016

20 years and 7 albums later...

Tupac died 20 years ago?!?! TWENTY. How old does that make me feel? I remember winning a Tupac poster at the Fair in high school. Because why wouldn't you want that gorgeous face on your wall. I forget how good looking he was. Yup, I'm a superficial trollop for talking about his looks on the anniversary of his death, but someone's gotta go there. Despite dying, Tupac has released 7 platinum albums, three more than he released while alive. His estate still makes millions of dollars from his music and likeness. Remember when he preformed as a hologram?

In my eyes, Tupac's best performance was in Poetic Justice. God, I was so ALL ABOUT Poetic Justice. It dealt with all the things I was passionate about when I was 14: Race relations (this is not a lie), young love, Janet Jackson, awesome hats. Allow me to take you back to 1993 for just a few moments...you may never want to come back.


No comments:

Post a Comment