Sunday, September 25, 2016

Kate in Kanada part II

 

After Will and Kate landed in Vancouver today, they dropped the kids off with a sitter and changed into something a little more edgy. Will took off his dark blue suit and put on a dark gray suit. Simmer down, Will, you're starting to get a bit crazy. Kate slipped on a $5000 Alexander McQueen dress from the 2017 resort collection. It was customized for her (see the photo of the original dress below) with a change in sleeves and made a bit longer. I have good and bad feelings about this dress. First, I love the print. It was chosen because it represents the Canadian flag. It's a departure for Kate to choose such an different print and I like it. Red looks amazing on her. I like the details of the neckline. What I don't love about this dress is the change of sleeves. The original sleeves were a large bell type sleeves. They countered the flouncy bottom. They gave the dress maturity, interest. With the tailored, long sleeves the dress becomes stuffy and a bit picky and it makes the skirt look like a school girl's. She probably would have been slayed for wearing such a "weird" dress if she'd kept the sleeves, but I think she would have rocked it. Next, her styling is off. The red heels are so specific and the purse is too matchy matchy. How great would a dark belt look with the dress like below? Mega-great. I know I'm being very critical here, but that's my job as the official Royal Canadian Tour Fashion Correspondent. 

Here's the original dress:


No comments:

Post a Comment