Sunday, September 25, 2016

Kate in Kanada

Will and Kate are in Kanada (I've been so influenced by the Kardashians that sometimes I don't acknowledge that C's exist). Today is day one. I'm going to lay down some ground rules for my coverage of their trip:
1. I only care about what people are wearing
2. Except for Will because he only wears navy blue suits

Let's begin with Kate. Many think she is a style icon, like Princess Diana. I'm not convinced. I wish she'd take more risks like Diana did. Kate dresses conservatively and while most times, I don't mind her dresses, I just wish she's mix it up a bit with her styles and designers. Kate also needs to mix it up with her shoes. While nude and navy blue pumps are fine, she needs to go online to Nordies and find some interesting, stylish, fun shoes (plus free shipping and returns)!

I like Kate's dress. It's a pretty color on her and a nice fit. It's nothing we haven't seen before and quite frankly, it's a little old-fashioned looking. Little Charlotte's dress is so cute though. I love smocking. I wish I could dress my daughter in a smocked dress every day. I can critique Kate's style until I'm blue in the face, but I can't trash the way she dresses her kids. They always look so well put together in their classic kids attire. A+ for kid styling!


Next up is Sophie Gregoire-Trudeau, the First Lady of Canada. Sophie has keen eye for style. She wears a lot of unknown Canadian designers. She seems a bit more trendy, bold, and youthful with her style. I love her deep violet dress. It's a simple sheath cut, but the color and shoulder details elevate it. Love her shoes, don't love her hat. When I first looked at the photo, I did like the hat, but as I looked at more shots, the different color was somewhat distracting. Sophie has perfect wavy hair. It looks great with the hat. I think I have a new First Lady crush.                                                                                        Her husband, Justin (also known at the Prime Minister of Canada), looks great too. I'm digging his three piece suit. The world needs more snappy three piece suits. Justin also has an amazing head of hair. It's like a Canadian Hair-Off between Kate, Sophie, and Justin. Poor Will is left out of this one. I guess he can be the hair competition judge.


And then there's this lady. Who is she? Who the hell cares, right?!?! Actually, I do. She is the Canadian Governor General's wife and her outfit is awesome. What is a Governor General? He/she is the representative of the queen in each of her commonwealth states. The hat, the bright yellow-green color, the sassy jacket, her giggles with Kate, I'm in love. She is perfection. 

No comments:

Post a Comment