Tuesday, September 27, 2016

Watch This...

When I was a kid I used to love it when ESPN aired NFL Films's recaps of important games- usually a Superbowl or a really good play-off game. Remember those? They used to play them on Sunday mornings before the games and I'd watch them after church. They were so dramatic with the intense music (that was recorded by an orchestra for the shows), slow motion plays, and oh so serious commentary. My favorite part of these mini documentaries was that everyone was mic'd up. I loved hearing the coaches yelling at the players, the quarterbacks calling their plays, and the grunts and whoops of all the players. Here's a very dramatic replay of Superbowl 26...


This week I was searching through Amazon for something to watch at the gym and found All or Nothing: A Season with The Arizona Cardinals, produced by NFL Films...which means...DRAMATIC MUSIC!! The show follows around the Arizona Cardinals through their 2015 Season. It's been out for a while, but I'm not known for having my finger on the pulse of what's new on TV (or on the radio).  It is narrated by the smooth voiced Jon Hamm aka Don Draper aka the voice from the Mercedes commercials. I found myself getting choked up the other day on the elliptical machine when one of the rookies scored a touchdown on his first pass of the season- after he replaced an injured veteran player. I mean, if a show makes me cry at the gym, it must be good, right?!

If you like to watch football with a side of emotional music, serious commentary, behind the scene footage, and mic'd up players than you will love this show.

No comments:

Post a Comment