Friday, September 16, 2016

I always love a Jolene

Jolene by Dolly Parton is one of my favorite songs. For some strange reason my favorite songs tend to be women's names: Angie by Rolling Stones, Anna Begins by Counting Crows, Mary had a Little Lamb by Beth Wagner. All fantastic songs, sung by amazing vocalists.


Jolene though. It doesn't really matter who is singing it. I still like it. Even a group called Pentatonix (sounds like an insecticide) could sing it and I'd be down...especially if they invited Dolly to sing it with them. Can we talk about Pentatonix for a second? I have no idea who they are. I've never heard anything they sing, but my mom has their Christmas album and talks about them like they are the Beatles and I should know who they are. Which one of us is the loser here? I think me. I don't usually like acapella groups and I think its because the low bass guy always makes me feel a little uncomfortable and the low bass guy in Pentatonix is no exception. Dolly offsets that here with her amazing wig and leather pants. My favorite Dolly quote: "It takes a lot of money to look this cheap." I love her so much.

Another great cover of Jolene is by Miley Cyrus.  Dolly is her Godmother.


No comments:

Post a Comment